Thursday 11 October 2012

Introversion and Stress

The thing is, I'm pretty introverted. This is a factor of my personality I should have considered before deciding to go on exchange. But I didn't and now here I am, constantly having to "get involved". Which is, ironically, the reason (or one of the main reasons) I came. So I only discovered I didn't really want it when I got it. And now I've got 3 and a half months of trying to involve myself in the lifestyle here.

So maybe that'll be healthy for me. Who knows? But, here's a hot tip. When something has gone wrong with a situation? When you're involved with a person who isn't being happy or social enough? Don't have the big sit down talk and finish by expecting them to suddenly start laughing and joining in. Firstly, changes like that take time. Secondly, those big talks ARE STRESSFUL. One doesn't finish one of those talks and suddenly feel like being happy and engaged. One finishes one of those talks and feel STRESSED.

So give them a bit to recover, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment