Tuesday 1 November 2011

Wild Thing

Okay, so there's a story I've been writing and I've decided to post it in instalments here. Tell me what you think...


Wild Thing


18/09/2013
I thought about committing suicide today. Oh no – not seriously. But I thought about it. I know you’re already writing the script in your head. Some poor little girl no one understands, bullied at school, ignored or abused by her parents. One day it’s too much and… Or you’re some cheesy, Hollywood/Disney romantic and I’ll get true appreciation of my worth from some unlikely source and turn into a happy princess from a fairy tale.
Get over yourself. You don’t know me, or my story. Heck, I don’t really know myself – so how could you? I know I don’t sing aggressively cheery pop music or talk all night with girls on the phone or write initials in love hearts in sparkly gel pens. I’m not some stupid, little schoolgirl. Which is why, until today, I had never considered keeping a diary. But look at me now, right?
I just thought if I was thinking about death. Thinking about it rationally I mean – I’m not a vampire wannabe, sex ’n’ death chick either. Then, well, a diary might be the right place for suicidal thoughts.
But you still want to know the score, right? Why am I thinking about this kind of stuff for a start? Well your best friend’s death will do that to a girl. Oh she didn’t suicide. No, she was your classic sob story. Just another kid who got screwed up on booze and drugs and one-night stands. Left some club and drove herself into a wall.
So now you think you’ve got me figured? Some wild piece of trash, lives life to the extreme until she decides not to live at all? You don’t know anything. Stick around, and you might be surprised…

No comments:

Post a Comment